- Don’t worry about treating children fairly. Remember that to a child, “fair” means “me first” with the biggest and best of everything.
- To a child, need and want feel exactly the same. The child will remain forever confused unless parents do a good job of separating the wheat from the chaff, the necessary from the unnecessary.
- Do not agonize over anything a child does or fails to do if the child is perfectly capable of agonizing over it himself.
- The fewer toys and, therefore, the more space a child has in which to explore and create, the more successful the child will be at occupying his or her time.
- Don’t allow children be the center of attention in the family for it will turn the family upside down, inside out, and backwards.
- In the adult-centered family, the major share of attention goes from adult to adult rather than adult to child. This “weans” children from the need for constant attention, thus permitting the growth of self-reliance.
- Within a family, the proper place for children is the backseat. Parents need to sit in the front seat, so they can keep their eyes on the road ahead.
- Parents who always go out of their way for their children eventually lose their way.
- As a parent, you’ll never be perfect, but you’ll always be the only mother or father your child will ever want. Do your best, and your best will be good enough.
- Respect in the parent-child relationship is a two-way street. Children show respect for parents by obeying them, and parents show respect for children by expecting them to obey.
- The teaching of the “Three R’s” (Respect, Responsibility, and Resourcefulness) begins at home.
- The more parents do for a child, the less the child is ultimately capable of doing for himself.
- The most effective means of helping a child toward becoming a productive, responsible member of society is to assign him or her a regular, daily routine of chores around the home. Parents who fail to do so are neglecting their civic responsibilities.
- The ultimate goal of raising children is to help them out of our lives and into successful lives of their own.
- Discipline is not the sum of a set of methods. It is a climate of understanding that permeates every aspect of the family’s life.
- The ability to develop self-control depends upon being able to accurately predict the consequences of your own behavior. That’s why parental consistency is so important. Without it, a child wanders lost.
by John Rosemond
When a Bible verse starts with the words: “At the time of the end” we should really take notice. A new book on Daniel and Revelation, How Does A Dragon Speak?, reveals the events in the 21st century that have fulfilled the prophecy of the Bible in Daniel 11:40-43!
Daniel Chapter 11 also contains prophecy concerning Muslims and how America is involved with the King of the North.
In this essential book for our day, Daniel 11 (verse by verse interpretation) and Revelation 9-11 (The Three Woes) are fully explained. This book also contains much interesting history of America, including pilgrim and indians, Lewis and Clark, little known facts of American presidents, and more!
The Word of God is the news or “tidings” that we should trust.
THE BOOK IS DIGITALLY AVAILABLE ON AMAZON KINDLE FOR ONLY $4.99!
This was written by an 11-year-old at https://ofschooldays.wordpress.com
Today I am writing about a special book. It is very special to me because my father is the author of this book. It is entitled “How Does a Dragon Speak?” The title is based on a verse from the book of Revelation which says “And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.” Revelation 13:11
Who is this dragon? How does it speak? And who is this lamb-like creature that echoes the dragon? In his book my dad addresses these very important questions because people need to be warned about what is to come. To be able to know what the mark of the beast is we must find out first who the beast is and second how it speaks, because the lamb-like beast who will be speaking as a dragon will be the entity that will enforce the mark of the beast. This is very important for the last days for our planet is running out of time. God, in the book of Revelation, reveals in symbolic language what is about to happen.
At the beginning of the book my father writes about Roger Williams of Providence, Rhode Island. Roger Williams is one of my dad’s heroes. Though he was born in England in the early 1600s Roger came to America seeking to live and worship according to the dictates of his conscience and also promoting this idea here, in the New World. He thought that in America they would be free from the ire of the King, especially in religious matters and was very disappointed that things were not so. He had to fight for this fundamental right risking his own life, suffering banishment from the colony, and also suffering various other hardships. But his idea prevailed in the end and religious freedom did become a core principle of America and also part of the 1st amendment of the United States Constitution. This piece of history is very important because the idea of freedom of conscience will be revisited in the last days when the law will demand to worship in a certain way or a certain day, or else.
Then Dad writes about the rebellion in heaven, the fall of mankind, and the history of the nation of Israel up to about 500 B.C. It was around this time when an important statesman and prophet by the name Daniel, who concerned with the affairs of his people, started receiving visions and dreams, and also prophecies about the future. In the book, my dad goes through every chapter of the prophetic book of Daniel, and gives a verse-by-verse interpretation of Daniel chapter 11, arguably the hardest chapter in the Bible to understand.
In the second half of the book Dad writes about the prophetic book of Revelation, some important American history and then he concludes by talking about the wonders of heaven and the glorious hope. It is a very good book if I may say so. I hope many people will get to read it. It has valuable information for everyone who happens to live in this period of Earth’s history that we find ourselves in. Happy Reading to everyone!
The book is available via the following websites: